Prevedere is looking for a high energy and technically capable Economist to work with our key customers and prospects on delivering econometric insights through our predictive analytics platform. The Senior Economist plays two primary roles:
- Serve as the company’s Subject Matter Expert related to economic trends and modeling techniques; deliver expert insight and guidance to customers, prospects, partners, analysts, co-workers, and industry groups
- Lead the delivery of Prevedere models, forecasts, and insights for customers via in person presentations and online meetings
What will you do:
- Act as thought leader and subject matter expert during all phases of a customer engagement, from initial discussions through project delivery and expansion of the Prevedere footprint.
- Heavily use time series regression combined with other forecasting methods to assist customers in improving forecast accuracy and delivering business insights.
- Produce executive read-outs, dashboards, and graphs to communicate the insights and outcomes to business leaders and executives.
- Work with sales, customer success, and other members of the Prevedere team to ensure the customer maximizes the value of the Prevedere software.
- Strategically formulate new and creative ideas with the product and development teams.
- Represent Prevedere by speaking at conferences and conducting workshops.
- Assist and/or prepare case studies, articles, blog posts, and white papers.
What will you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics. Master’s degree preferred and/or MBA.
- 5+ years of experience with development of predictive econometric models utilizing approaches such as regression and traditional univariate forecasting techniques, as well as more advanced techniques.
- 5+ years of consulting and advising business leaders and executives in Fortune 500 organizations.
- Expert in economic modeling, forecasting, and analysis by leveraging economic data sources such as US Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and Federal Reserve.
- Passionate about helping companies realize the potential of economic insights at a macro and microeconomic level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate with business leaders and technical resources to achieve company results.
- Must be highly organized and creative with accomplished time and project management skills; ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- R, Python and VBA programming skills are preferred.
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation possible
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).